This was one of the few weekends that we spend quiet at home, you could say it was pretty quiet. We spent the week end watching the news on television and I felt much moved by what happened in Japan. I cannot imagine the horror of the situation there and of all the people who have lost loved ones.Sometimes, almost always, in fact, I think many of the things that happen in the world are our fault. The deforested rampant and greedy, underground nuclear explosions and the total lack of respect for the environment and nature are totally unacceptable things. I try to do my bit, being and using environmentally friendly materials. Many of the materials we use in the remolding of our house were recycled
Cream cheese , spinach, mushrooms and roasted onions sandwich.
On Sunday I woke up inspired to bake and I did it. I bake this amazing coffee cake .Seriously, is for far the best coffee cake that I baked ever
White fig and assorted nuts coffee cake
Dried figs an assorted nuts coffee cake
1. Preheat the oven to 220ºC. Butter a loaf pan; line it with butter parchment paper.
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, sugar, moisten figs, roasted nuts and salt into a small bowl.
3. Whisk the eggs until frothy (about a minute) then stir in the dry ingredients. Mix in the melted butter until blended
4. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
5. Remove from the oven and let it sit for about five minutes, and then pour out into a cooling rack.
Let cool completely before serving.