Some days we are so tired that the only things that we want are, take a shower and sleep. Is exactly what I want. This last week was an exhaustive marathon for me. I took out all my kitchen stuffs, empty drawers and move furniture. My kitchen remolding begins tomorrow. Yes, my friends. I promise that I be patient. So, I start to cook simple and quick meals with ingredients that I have in my fridge like this tart.
Pears, Roquefort and almonds tart
2 sheets frozen puff pastry
- 4 shallots, chopped fine
- 4 pears not peeled and fine sliced
- 100g Roquefort (or another blue cheese) smashed
- 50g almonds (sliced)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Roll out the pastry and cut in medium size circles
- Place circles of dough on baking sheet.
- . Prick holes throughout pastry using a fork. Bake 10 minutes. Remove and cool on wire rack.
- Cover the pastry with a fine layer of shallots
- Pour the pears sliced and sprinkles with Roquefort and almonds
- Pour small pieces of butter on top
- Bake for 20 minutes or until gold. Accompanied with endive or lettuce salad